Anchor House welcomes individuals interested in becoming volunteers at all of our Anchor House programs. Volunteers are needed to make a difference in the lives of our youth, who greatly benefit from the interaction they get from caring adults. There are many different ways to volunteer – from one day service projects (a minimum of 4 hours), to becoming a certified volunteer, able to work directly with the youth. and children. Volunteers can also provide assistance on bigger projects, such as fundraising events and/or renovations. The options are endless. Whatever your skill, talent, hobby or expertise, there are many ways you can help young people to grow and thrive Certified volunteers must be 21 years of age and must complete an application with references.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CERTIFIED VOLUNTEERS
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have completed an application, including three personal references (no family members), a medical reference as well as a TB (PPD) screening.
- CHRI and CARI criminal background checks; volunteer assumes the cost of the CHRI (fingerprinting).
- Must possess a picture identification
- Must submit a copy of a valid driver’s license, registration and insurance card.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist staff with meeting the needs of the youth.
- Assist with the planning of activities, including recreation, meals, tutoring, reading, and quiet time.
- Report as scheduled (there is a commitment of two hours per month min.), stay the remainder of the shift agreed upon and will notify staff at least 24 hours in advance of a cancellation if possible.
- Document any concerns in the communication log and discuss with staff on shift.
- Attend scheduled meetings and training’s as arranged by Anchor House.
- Behaves as a role model for the clients.
- Respect self and others.
- Notify Volunteer Coordinator of any status changes.
For the Volunteer Application, please click the link below and print:
Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org 482 Centre Street, Trenton, NJ 08611