Anchor House is looking for individuals interested in becoming volunteers at all of our Anchor House programs. Volunteers are needed to make a difference in the lives of our youth who greatly benefit from the interaction they get from volunteers. There are many different ways to volunteer – from one day service projects to certified volunteers who work directly with the youth and children. Volunteers can also provide assistance on bigger projects, such as fundraising events and/or renovations. The options are endless. Certified volunteers must be 21 years of age and must complete an application with references.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have completed an application, including three personal references, a medical reference along with a TB (PPD) screening.
- CHRI and CARI criminal background checks.
- Must possess a picture identification
- Must submit a copy of a valid driver’s license, registration and insurance card.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist staff with meeting the needs of the youth.
- Assist with the planning of activities, including recreation, meals, tutoring, reading, and quiet time.
- Report as scheduled, stay the remainder of the shift agreed upon and will notify staff at least 24 hours in advance of a cancellation if possible.
- Document any concerns in the communication log and discuss with staff on shift.
- Attend scheduled meetings and trainings as arranged by Anchor House.
- Acts as a role model for the clients.
- Respect self and others.
- Notify Volunteer Coordinator of any status changes.
For the Volunteer Application, please click the link below and print:
Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org 482 Centre Street, Trenton, NJ 08611